Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Consider The Pause...

I am thankful for the awareness of reflection. I have learned to follow action with a pause for reflection to allow time for that growth to sink in or catch up with me. It is true that without this pause I am just in a continual circle of motion..... always busy, but without consciously taking the time for growth. 

There is a saying that experience is the best teacher, but only if we take time to grow and reflect from the experience otherwise it has taught us nothing. We have innumerable experiences everyday. but how many do we take the time to learn from? I know for myself is necessary to slow down, put myself in neutral- so to speak, and take a moment or three to reflect on what just happened.... be present in that moment. 

Are you in a continual state of busyness? At the end of the day can you remember everything you did and what you learned from each experience? Can I encourage you to take time to reflect? Start with 30-60 seconds, if that's all you have... but please consider the pause and what an impact it till have on your growth in 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment