Friday, February 16, 2018

The Power In Our Words....

I know what I affirm to myself is what feeds my subconscious mind. We think of affirmations as positive statements, but in all actuality affirmations can be negative as well. Maybe we grew up with negative affirmations. People around us who told us "we were stupid" or "never going to amount to anything" or will "never have the money for that". I grew up being told no way, way, way more than I was told yes. I fought to stay positive and live in my "sunshine and rainbow" world as it was described. 

As adults we have a choice to live life either negative or positive. We also have a choice to change the legacy our kids and grand kids live. I think about what I wish I was told as a child.... "God has a great plan for you."  "You have an amazing unique gift to share with the World".  "You are an over comer"...... If someone had spoke positive affirmations into my life would the journey have been different? Absolutely. 

Can I encourage you to think about what you are affirming to yourself, your children, your grandchildren, your co workers and friends? There is POWER in the words you are speaking, believing and affirming. Will you join me in using that power to fill the World with light and love? It is possible. God would not have provided it as the answer if it was not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment